• Print

Author Topic: Boarcraft launch delayed & future plans  (Read 1645 times)

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
  • Honor: 16
    • View Profile
Boarcraft launch delayed & future plans
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »
Hey Boarcrafters!

The date that I originally wanted to launch Boarcraft on is here, but unfortunately the server is not nearly as ready as I want it to be, to provide a really great experience.

A lot of issues and possible improvements have become clear during all the testing that's been done during the open beta. This has been really valueable for the project and I want to use these discoveries to make the server as good as it can be.

That will require some more time however and it means that the launch will have to be delayed. I believe this is the right choice even though I feel bad about not living up to the initial launch date. The current plan is to postpone the launch to around the end of January.

Some of the issues I would like to have ready are:
- Proper mob scaling, so all dungeons/raids can eventually be defeated.
- Removal of high end spells that weren't supposed to be available.
- Improved chest/rare mob drops in Dun Morogh.
- More gear progression options in Dun Morogh, through PvP, quests etc.
- Stability improvements to the server, so it can handle a larger population without problems.
- General improvements to the lvl 1 - 10 experience to avoid confusion with broken quests or where to find NPCs.

December have been really busy for me so far, so there haven't been that much progress. To combat this I will start opening up the server development so others can pitch in and help fixing the things that needs to be done.

The server will remain online as open beta up until launch and characters/items will stay until the end game content have been tested. There might be a character wipe at some point before launch to test if gear progression and everything is working as intended. Before the actual launch, all characters will be deleted to provide a fresh start for everyone.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you for all the testing you have done so far! It has been really cool to get this much feedback on the project and I'm looking forward to see where we can take it. I hope you have enjoyed your time here so far. :)

// SpiritBoar

Ghrim

• Honor: 1
  • Explosive Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Boarcraft launch delayed & future plans
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:05:31 PM »
I don't mind the delay if it means we get a more finished product on releae. Keep up the good work
Ghrim - Undead Warlock
Neverscared - Dwarf Priest 300 Engineer / 300 Mining

Steak

• Honor: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:05 AM »
keep on keeping on. This server's got me hype.

Noiz

• Honor: 0
  • Name is Keith i like video games?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »
Dont worry about rushing would rather a good finished enjoyable project than something rushed because if the server does get a hype or get popular at first because of word of mouth and the server isnt enjoyable or isnt completely finished and has tons of bugs it will die pretty quick and have a hard time getting back up after that. so just keep up the good work. you have plenty of people in the community that would love to help in any way they can

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
  • Honor: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »
Thanks for the encouraging words you guys. :)

• Print