• Print

Author Topic: Boarcraft status update - Feb. 2017  (Read 4316 times)

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
  • Honor: 16
    • View Profile
Boarcraft status update - Feb. 2017
« on: February 05, 2017, 09:54:57 PM »
Hey Boarcrafters!

It's been a while since I posted anything here or on our Discord, so I wanted to give you guys an update on what's been going on, what the current status of Boarcraft is and what the future plans are.

The past month

January have been a really busy month for me, both at work but also outside work because of a lot of family events. I've felt pretty stressed most days without much energy left to actually do stuff like work on Boarcraft, stream on Twitch or update my YouTube channel. This led me to mostly taking a break from everything, except work, my girlfriend and my family, to try and manage things without getting overwhelmed. 

Fortunately, I'm starting to feel more on top of things and I believe I'm slowly getting better to manage my stress levels. I've felt really bad about leaving you guys in the dark for this long, but I also wanted to make sure I found the right balance for myself, so I wouldn't end up i situations like this again. I hope you guys can understand.

The current status Boarcraft

The server has unfortunately, and as you probably noticed, not seen any real development yet this year. This has not been because I no longer wanted to finish Boarcraft or because I didn't know how to progress, but simply that getting back to server development felt too overwhelming. I've been happy to see that there have still been some regular activity on Discord despite my absence.

There are still many things that I want to fix before an eventual release, which includes the things mentioned in the previous announcement. You guys have also discovered new, strange bugs that have appeared after the last core update of CMaNGOS. With a bit of luck, some of these things will be fixed by simply updating to the latest core, so this will be first on my list before rebooting development.

Future plans

My future plans are to slowly get back to server development starting next week and then gradually increase my activity until I build up a nice pace. The first time will mostly be spend on catching up on bug reports, forums posts and other things that needs a response. Then comes the core update where I will check if any of the bugs we have were mentioned as fixed. Next I will need to get an overview over what needs to be done and in what order, so we can get the critical things done first. Getting the project prepared for team development will also be a priority, but fortunately I did most of the preparations already.

I won't be able to provide any release date for now as my first goal will simply be to make stable progress. Ideally, I would like to reach a point where I can release a weekly update, without having to worry meating a tight deadline in 'X' weeks.

Lastly I want to thank all of you who support this project and have stuck with me this far! I hope I can provide you with a great experience in the end, even though development haven't gone 100% according to plan. :)

// SpiritBoar

Strajee_Wonderboy

• Game Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Honor: 10
  • ayy
    • View Profile
Re: Boarcraft status update - Feb. 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:01:36 PM »
Hopeful and excited for the future.  :)
Send me a PM on Discord, or on the Forums to contact me :)

jaianarr

• Honor: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:34:52 AM »
Sweet! I'm excited, if you need some help, i'm willing to help whatever it may be. I have some spare time between college and work.

Ghrim

• Honor: 1
  • Explosive Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:22:10 AM »
Glad to hear you're still interested in the project was feeling a bit abandoned for a bit there but I can understand. People are usually busy around New Years. I'll see if I can't break stuff again once the latest core update goes out :P
Ghrim - Undead Warlock
Neverscared - Dwarf Priest 300 Engineer / 300 Mining

Ghrim

• Honor: 1
  • Explosive Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 11:57:32 AM »
I think we're due for a new update.
Ghrim - Undead Warlock
Neverscared - Dwarf Priest 300 Engineer / 300 Mining

• Print