• Print

Author Topic: Spec viability  (Read 877 times)

Denigar

• Honor: 0
    • View Profile
Spec viability
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:20:43 PM »
How viable would Paladin specs be? Like could you Tank or be a DPS or only a Healer. I assume all spec could be viable at level 10 because the versatility of spells are minimal, for example for other DPS classes so you wouldn't lose in DPS as Retri and you have blessings so you are still helpful being a non-healer. Problem in Paladin Tanking in Vanilla is obviously lack of taunt so I don't know if Paladin Tanking would be viable. I would want to be Retri but want to know if they are viable for the example I gave you about spell versatility.

Remnar

• Honor: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spec viability
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »
Well, currently all tanking is tricky to judge given how hard mobs hit!

Given that a lot of Warrior tanking tools are locked further down their Prot tree, I would assume that a Prot Pala wouldn't be far behind. As feral druids don't currently get Dire Bear they wouldn't be able to viably tank.

Righteous Fury and Consecration would be the AoE tanking of choice, but that'd mean no Redoubt, Imp. Devotion Aura or Toughness.

A DPS Pala will suffer without a reachable +5% crit talent. There's maybe an argument for a DPS pala to go Holy in Divine Strength/Imp. SoR rather than Ret.

• Print