• Print

Author Topic: Dire Bear!  (Read 836 times)

sunademon

• Honor: 1
    • View Profile
Dire Bear!
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:10:57 PM »
As title suggests, have you considered giving Dire Bear form to druids to match the armor value of plate that paladin and warriors receive? It's a similar idea to the armor value of mail & plate at 40.

As it stands, even shaman could have higher armor than the standard bear form. That being said, you may want to tune back the HP received from dire bear form (+600 DB vs +20 standard bear).

If not, that's fine too. Just thinking about armor classes in general made me wonder why druids - who already have a hard time, without block or parry - are stuck with standard bear.

lock

• Honor: 2
  • Fight me.
    • View Profile
Re: Dire Bear!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:04:57 PM »
Hi, didn't want to start a new thread but also, cat form is aids. just aids. it needs backstab at the least and possibly stealth openers. as it is right now stealth is only for prowling around, without backstab or ambush the only opener literally is just claw :/ pounce/ravage might be op but without shred you might aswell not even have prowl.

sunademon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:58:50 AM »
Hi, didn't want to start a new thread but also, cat form is aids. just aids. it needs backstab at the least and possibly stealth openers. as it is right now stealth is only for prowling around, without backstab or ambush the only opener literally is just claw :/ pounce/ravage might be op but without shred you might aswell not even have prowl.
Hi there! :)

Seems like a decent idea. That being said, I think that the priority should be establishing how far we want to go with additional class abilities. Otherwise what difference is there between Boarcraft and an instant 60 realm?

Having Dire Bear fills the armor deficiency of druids without dethroning Warr/Pala. Adding in cat form abilities makes feral far stronger, and surpasses the current state of Rogue. Having a healer that can stealth is already very strong, and you have to remember all of the tools available to a class before you try to go about improving it.

Remnar

• Honor: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »
Would agree about Dire Bear. It's a direct equivalent to a passive armour upgrade (Plate for Warrs/Palas) rather than being an ability per se.

I'd love to have more Cat utility but think that giving classes access to more spells is a slippery slope when all classes have juicy things forever 1-2 levels away

Ghrim

• Explosive Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 10:57:14 AM »
Buff them bears son they need it. Right now they're more like cuddly teddy bears. Nothing tanky about them at all.
Ghrim - Undead Warlock
Neverscared - Dwarf Priest 300 Engineer / 300 Mining

Freax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »
Hi there!

Nice suggestions, both the Dire Bear and the Cat form spells.

I do agree with all suggestions here but however they need to choose one of the following and not add it all, druids are already strong due to multiple choices, tank, melee DPS, caster DPS and healer.

It's all about where Boarcraft want to go with the druid class.

I for once, would like them to go their own way.

I've played druid for 7 years on a different vanilla server, and I'm quite tired of being a healbot/OT.

It would be nice to see them prio the DPS aspect, and perhaps buff the cat form and its spells.

Dire Bear will be quite OP when it comes to all other aspects than PvE. In PvE it would be stable, the rest it will be overpowered and will be needing a lot of tuning.

As this is a custom patch, custom server I hope they take this in mind. I'd love to see melee druid DPS viable, hell.. I would even pay for it to happen!

All the best
Freax

• Print