• Print

Author Topic: Warlock PVP Guide  (Read 1064 times)

Shadow

• Honor: 6
    • View Profile
Warlock PVP Guide
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:30:01 AM »
Warlock PVP Guide
Stat Priority:
Intellect>Stamina>Spirit>Everything Else

Talents(11/0/0):
  • 5/5 Improved Corruption
  • 2/2 Improved Life Tap
  • 3/5 Improved Drain Life
  • 1/1 Amplify curse
Rotation:
  • Cast Corruption
  • Cast Curse of Agony(Use Amplify Curse if it is up)
  • Cast Immolate
  • Cast Fear/Cast Shadow Bolt
Make sure to always keep corruption, curse of agony, and Immolate's burn on the target.

Pets:
The only pet you should be using is voidwalker. Voidwalker allows you to sacrifice him which gives you a shield that absorbs 305 dmg. While the shield is up spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. You can use this when you are low on health or against a melee to get a fear off.

Recommended Addons:
  • ShardAce(Allows you to easily keep track of soulshards and easily create healthstones and soulstones)
  • DoTimer(Allows you to easily keep track of Dots)
Macros
Sacrifice Voidwalker
Code: [Select]
/cast Sacrifice(Rank 1)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:31:44 AM by Shadow »

Mary

• Honor: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Warlock PVP Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 04:47:45 PM »
Super nice small Guide :)

lock

• Honor: 2
  • Fight me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:11:27 PM »
You missed alot there's more to warlock than "cookie cutter" "do this to win". be a good player in general and learn the game/your class in-out.

i personally run a different spec:
5/5 imp. corruption
5/5 demonic imbrace
1/2 imp. healthstone (however this last point can be put into imp. voidwalker for 10% increase to bubble)

also in my personal opinion, stam>int, especially in pvp. stats should be Stam>spell/shadow damage>int>spirit

as far as "rotation" i don't believe in following a "do this to win" so just manage debuffs properly and kite well. fear is your only tool for survival so use it wisely. immolate should take last priority because you're vulnerable while casting. keep your instant cast dots up and just run and fear, immolate if you have a chance, and dump a shadowbolt for gobs of dmg/ko. drain life also verry good situationaly .

voidwalker is not the ONLY pet to use... imp and succubus are also VERY good and you can pick/choose depending on what youre fighting. 

-my point- dont just "do this cuz its good", be a good player and pvper and adapt to the scenario presented.

Ghrim

• Honor: 1
  • Explosive Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »
I personally went with

2/5 Suppression
5/5 Imp. Corruption
4/5 Demonic Embrace

Got tired of seeing my DoTs resisted so much. With 4% spell hit from Suppression I have yet to see Corruption or Agony resisted :). Before I had the 2 points from suppression in Imp. Healthstone but having it heal 120 instead of 100 was really underwhelming for me. Health pots do the job much better.

1/5 Suppression
5/5 Imp Corruption
2/2 Drain Soul
2/2 Life Tap
1/1 Amplify Curse

This one is my PvE build. Works really well. Little to no down time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:02:09 AM by Ghrim »
Ghrim - Undead Warlock
Neverscared - Dwarf Priest 300 Engineer / 300 Mining

• Print