• Print

Author Topic: GM commands to help testing during beta  (Read 2593 times)

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
  • Honor: 16
    • View Profile
GM commands to help testing during beta
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:14:13 PM »
Hi Boarcrafters,

I hope you're all enjoying the open beta and getting a lot of stuff tested. To make this easier for you I've decided to make a small subset of the GM commands available for everyone. These are the commands you can now start using:

• .additem
  • .additemset
  • .go creature
  • .go xy
  • .go xyz
  • .go zonexy
  • .gps
  • .lookup item
  • .lookup itemset
  • .lookup area
  • .lookup tele
  • .modify money
  • .npc info
  • .quest add
  • .quest complete
  • .quest remove
  • .repair
  • .revive
  • .tele

Please use them to test that item and mob scaling works correctly and see if the various dungeons can be done with suitable gear for their lvl ranges.

You can find a list of how to use the commands here: https://www.reaper-x.com/2007/09/21/wow-mangos-gm-game-master-commands/

Another way is to just type them in and it will respond with how you should use the command.

Happy testing!

// SpiritBoar

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GM commands to help testing during beta
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 11:11:52 PM »
Turns out the ability to add items was not a great idea, so it has been removed. Unfortunately I had to reset all gear because of it. Sorry!

jimbob88

• Honor: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:42:41 AM »
You should add back the quest complete, so that all the quests can be tested. Additem was a bad idea, but maybe you can remove Ilvl 40-70 gear from the DB and bring that back? At least until people start doing high end dungeons. Then we can at least start testing dungeons with mid level greens and blues, most bugs I have found are things like bosses not casting certain spells, or casting to fast, etc. And at that point just add a gear vendor with like level 30 gear so we can check out some mid-high level dungeons. Just a thought.

Remnar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:31:51 PM »
And at that point just add a gear vendor with like level 30 gear so we can check out some mid-high level dungeons. Just a thought.

Seconded. Difficult to judge balancing without gear benchmarks, and sets of level 30/40/50 green gear would make testing gear progression rates easier. Appreciate that setting up custom vendors takes time!

Allantir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:58:19 PM »
.repair (or .repairitems as in the linked page),
.go xyz
.revive

these commands dont seem to work for me. what lvl of tester do you need? if i do the command (.account) for the level, i'm level 0. Do you have to be a certain level for them?

if i type in  .help, the following seems to be available:

account,
gm,
server,
commmands,
dismount,
gps,
help,
save,
start
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:09:22 PM by Allantir »

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 12:25:57 PM »
The commands .go xyz and .revive got removed again because they got abused for gear farming and PvP.

I think the .repair command got removed from all players by mistake. I will add it back in.

• Print