• Print

Author Topic: Ideas and Feedback for Release  (Read 1556 times)

Darkness

• Honor: 4
  • (*i'm triggered*)
    • View Profile
Ideas and Feedback for Release
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »
So basically, I've been thinking alot about what we could do, and what could happen for this server. Also as a disclaimer, I will touch up on some topics from other posts, although I will try to expand on them.

Idea 1 : CROSS FACTION is a great idea for the server in it's current state with the somewhat low population, because in the future, if we want to get raids done such as Molten Core, Upper Blackrock Spire, Blackwing Lair, etc, etc, we need more people to do that.  ( Another possible solution would be to lower the mobs healths in the raids and their damage to make it 10 man or possibly 15 man, although that would subtract from the overall companionship and the original feel of raiding in Vanilla WoW )

Idea 2 : A FEEL OF PROGRESSION would help motivate players to keep on going and would keep them on the server longer, meaning more population for a longer amount of time, and could be a solution to the low population problem we are experiencing as it would bring in more people because the players that stay for a while would want to have friends and family play with them ( And yes I know it's PTR but Spirit is still expecting a little more than 100 as he's said that 100 might be a little low ). If you need somewhat of an example, we could potentially release dungeons and raids in little snippets, so that people don't just rush through all the dungeons and get bored. ( So Spirit could release Scholomance, Blackrock Depths, and Upper Blackrock Spire with appropriate scaling of items and mobs )

Idea 3 : PVP GEAR VENDORS could be an excellent choice to draw in players from all the walks of WoW, PvP or PvE, or both, with the Vanilla Rank System and the Gear combined, we could make a sense of progression in PvP aswell, instead of just battlegrounds and chests, and this would be done by making an item that would act as a currency after you finish Battlegrounds that you could then spend on Armor and Weapons like R13, R14, etc.

And now for the FEEDBACK

FEEDBACK

Firstly, Warlocks are a little bugged, Their summons do not work and some of their pets are bugged, with imps not being able to attack and what not, also the Voidwalker is the best tank at the current moment. ( As mentioned by Shadows )

Secondly, I believe that in order to reach a fair balance with the classes (If Spirit wants that, of course, with World PvP and all), we should buff some spells and try to find that perfect balance with them, and yes I do understand that alot of classes were mediocre in Vanilla.

And last but not least, Tanks are SEVERELY broken, as they can barely take any hits, and makes them impossible to heal as they get wiped out in a few hits, making Warlocks one of the best classes for DPS and Tanking, which almost makes Warriors and Feral Tanks useless ( Not to mention the Warrior Rage Bug ) and I do understand this could be fixed, with a bit of scaling of the damage in the End-Game content or buffing some tank spells.

Thanks for reading this, and hopefully it wasn't too complainy
Have a Nice day!

- Darkness
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:57:21 AM by Darkness »
Undead Holy Priest named Darkness...

Makes sense.

Mary

• Honor: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas and Feedback for Release
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
Really nice Feedback Darkness  ;)

kiwi

• Honor: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 03:05:07 AM »
I have a big question. When the server releases will all the beta characters be wiped? something i would love to know  :)

Shadow

• Honor: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:41:34 AM »
Yes

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
  • Honor: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »
Thanks a lot for such detailed and constructive feedback Darkness!

I think all 3 ideas are good and it's definitely something I will look into implementing.

You're right that tanks don't work very well right now. For a solution I will consider both better scaling, but also potential buffs to tanking in general.

tomas1983

• Honor: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »
bit late to the party , i lvled 2 hordies to 10 , a rogue and a hunter and i have some feedback for ya
Rogue  , damage output seems low for rogue even tho ur lvl 10 , the crit rating and dodge are not as they should be either
without talents and full agility gear dodge wont come over 5-6 % and rogue should have at least 20 % basic dodge maybe a bit less but not a base 2-3 % , same for crit from agility , its laughably low , and since rogue is a class that is kinda crit dependant for big dmg , rogue here feels rly underpowered , also i cant solo any mob with more then 1 k life , unless i use evasion , now my gear isnt top notch , ( mostly greens from lvl 50-60 zones chests farming ) but the crit/dodge gains from agility are totaly not scaled right
also BIG BUG , rogue stealth is completly f*cked up , not in a bad way tho ( for me ) but it works that as long as u stay in stealth as a rogue , enemies cant touch you , they see you , but wont attack
i can walk straight thru mobs and they will "jerk" around and i will enter combat only to immideatly leave combat again
now ofc thats great for chest farming , but it does give rogue a pretty unfair advantage

as for hunter : completly overpowered
not so much the hunter but the pet
i tamed the first boar i saw in dun morogh , and it has 1600 armor 50 def rating and 900 life , can tank pretty much anything , and with mend pet can easily keep it up
it was nice but it felt way to overpowered , especialy compared to my rogue , who feels like such a gimp

i would love to play here more and try raiding etc , but it seems this server pretty much  died
sometimes i see 1 or 2 allys online but in all the time i have played ( about 3 weeks ) i have only seen 2 other horde around , and then only for a little while
and chest farming on an empty server does get boring after a while
and then there is the fact that non gathering professions  are capped at 225 wich , for me , is a huge letdown
when u read on the website and u see its listed as one of the  "key features *  of this server that all professions are available at lvl 10 up to 300 , and u spend all that time lvling 3 different proffesions , only to find out the website was lying .... well , FeelsBadMan

to reply to one of the ppl posting above me , i did lvl a warrior to lvl 3 and did notice he took more dmg per hit from mobs then my rogue and hunter , and his own dmg was rly rly weak , now ofc he was only lvl 3 and warrior is the most gear dependant class in vanilla , still it felt off

thats my 2 cents , Cheers

• Print