• Print

Author Topic: Server Updates - Nov 22nd 2016  (Read 3021 times)

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
  • Honor: 16
    • View Profile
Server Updates - Nov 22nd 2016
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:18:51 PM »
Hey Boarcrafters!

Boarcraft have just been updated to fix some issues that were discovered after the previous update and to improve on the lvl 1 - 10 experience. Here are the changes which just went live:

• Fixed the major bug where some spells were broken, meaning they had either no effect or an insane amount of damage/healing, after the item spell effects update!
This was caused by the process used to import DBC files to the database to be able to run SQL queries on them for the scaling we had to do. A new process have now been found that doesn't mess up the spell values. If interested you can how it's currently done on the Trello development board.
  • Fixed an issue where ranged attack power wasn't scaled along with melee attack power for items.
  • Changed mob scaling slightly to make 1 - 10 mobs have less health such that they are faster to kill.

All gear should now be scaled properly without broken spells and the changes have been added to an updated patch-5.MPQ file.

Next in line are the chest and rare mob loot upgrades as well as scaling down the remaining things, such as enchants, potions and other non gear items. I will also be looking into giving all test accounts access to a few GM commands to make it easier to test the server before launch.

Let me know if you have any feedback concernings these updates or the future changes!

// SpiritBoar

Strajee_Wonderboy

• Game Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Honor: 10
  • ayy
    • View Profile
Re: Server Updates - Nov 22nd 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:49:22 PM »
FeelsGoodMan
Send me a PM on Discord, or on the Forums to contact me :)

Mary

• Honor: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Server Updates - Nov 22nd 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 09:20:45 PM »
Sounds Good :) Keep Up the great work Mr.Boar
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:22:58 PM by Mary »

• Print