• Print

Author Topic: Server Updates - Nov 8th 2016  (Read 825 times)

SpiritBoar

• Administrator
  • Honor: 16
    • View Profile
Server Updates - Nov 8th 2016
« on: November 08, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
Hello Boarcrafters!

A new update was rolled out to Boarcraft today with just a few changes but some of them are pretty big:

• Amount of signatures needed to form a guild have been reduced from 9 to 4.
  • The portal between Ironforge and the Airfield have been remade using proper area triggers, which means you can use the portals without having to click them and they work as a ghost as well.
  • Implemented a new item scaling formular that applies to all items in the game.
It works by dividing all item stats such as buy/sell price, armor, damage, +stats etc. by 3, effectively making end game gear slightly stronger than regular lvl 20 gear. This change creates a better item progression from starter items to end game gear, because it affects all items and not just gear with an ilvl above 15 as before.

This creates a slightly larger gear gap between the lowest and highest ilvls, but gear upgrades will also be more meaningfull, since there is a bigger difference when getting an upgrade. Still, differences are not so big that you will feel underpowered against someone with better gear than yourself.

This scaling formular also opens up for the possibility of a bigger difference in mob strength between low level and high level zones. This was previously not possible because of the small difference in gear power despite ilvl.
  • Applied the same scaling formular spell effects on gear, dividing their strength by 3.
  • Added scaling of random enchantments such as gear with suffixes 'of the Monkey', 'of the Boar' etc. and corrected the visual values to show correctly.

There are still things that are not yet scaled correctly, such as enchanting spells, alchemy potions and other things that aren't gear. I need to get an overview over exactly what needs to be scaled and what doesn't before I dig into this.

I'm very much looking forward to your feedback on these changes, as I think this could be a really cool way of scaling things for this server!

To make sure everything displays correctly I had to create a custom patch file for the WoW client. You can download it from the frontpage on http://boarcraft.net.

Happy testing :D

// SpiritBoar

Strajee_Wonderboy

• Game Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Honor: 10
  • ayy
    • View Profile
Re: Server Updates - Nov 8th 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »
Excited to see the new gear scaling in action, we will have to rally some members to clear some content :)!
Good work!
Send me a PM on Discord, or on the Forums to contact me :)

• Print